Last year, on Wednesday, September 23, 2009, I woke up with a strong hunch that I was pregnant. Earlier that week I told Doug we should probably wait until Friday or Saturday to take a test to make sure, but something told me that morning to take a test. I noticed a few little signs of possible pregnancy, and I just couldn't wait until the weekend. I never really expected it to be positive after so many negative tests in the previous months, but my mouth dropped and I jumped up and down when I saw the word "pregnant" pop up on the digital test. My very first thought after that was to pray that it would be a healthy pregnancy resulting in a healthy baby. I then had to find the motivation to get ready for work and teach the whole day without revealing my secret to anyone. I couldn't wait for Doug to get home that day to share the news. I can't believe it's been a whole year. I remember thinking on that day, after realizing my due date was around June 3, that it seemed so far away. But here we are, a year later, with an almost 5 month old baby, and I can't believe how much our lives have changed for the better! We love you Grant!
Welcome to our family website! We created this site to keep you in the loop and let you watch our family grow. We welcomed Grant Brendan to our lives on April 28, 2010. We then welcomed Bryce Mitchell on October 26, 2011. Thanks for stopping by!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
One year ago today.....
Last year, on Wednesday, September 23, 2009, I woke up with a strong hunch that I was pregnant. Earlier that week I told Doug we should probably wait until Friday or Saturday to take a test to make sure, but something told me that morning to take a test. I noticed a few little signs of possible pregnancy, and I just couldn't wait until the weekend. I never really expected it to be positive after so many negative tests in the previous months, but my mouth dropped and I jumped up and down when I saw the word "pregnant" pop up on the digital test. My very first thought after that was to pray that it would be a healthy pregnancy resulting in a healthy baby. I then had to find the motivation to get ready for work and teach the whole day without revealing my secret to anyone. I couldn't wait for Doug to get home that day to share the news. I can't believe it's been a whole year. I remember thinking on that day, after realizing my due date was around June 3, that it seemed so far away. But here we are, a year later, with an almost 5 month old baby, and I can't believe how much our lives have changed for the better! We love you Grant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is a beautiful post, but the picture was very misleading!!!
Oh! I didn't even think of that, Courtney! Oh well--I'll leave it up there to see who else we can fool.
Post a Comment