He is still growing like crazy, and we have no doubt that when we go to the doctor on Monday he will be measuring in at all the right sizes for his age. He seems to have jumped right past wearing 3-6 month clothes and is now in size 6-9 months. He is also so close to already outgrowing the size 2 diapers! With this rapid growth, he was starting to outgrow his little bed/bassinet he has been in since early July that kept him inclined at an angle to help with his spitting up. He loved that bed and seemed so comfortable in it, but we knew we needed to get him used to the crib. We tried it a few weeks ago, and he took to it like a champ! He now sleeps there every night with really no spitting up. He will do some of his naps during the day in the crib, but he won't sleep as long in there and tends to spit up more. His favorite place to nap is on me--he will sleep for up to an hour and a half on me, but may only do 30 minutes or so in the crib. While I love this quiet time with him lying on me, I know we have to keep working on getting him used to napping in the crib. But for now, I'm enjoying the time I have with him snuggled up with me. I know those moments will be few and far between in the future!
Grant had his first physical therapy appointment this week at the Children's Hospital branch in Fairfield. We will be going every Tuesday for the next few months. His P.T. Amy is very good with him, and she has no doubt that his torticollis will go away little by little with our weekly sessions and with the exercises we do with him at home.
We are looking forward to celebrating Grant's 1st Halloween. We will be sure to post pictures of that next week, along with his new stats after his 6 month checkup on Monday. He will also be starting solids next week, assuming we get the go ahead from the doctor, so I will definitely be posting about that adventure, too! You can also see the pictures from Grant's 6 month photo shoot today on Facebook.
1 comment:
He is so ridiculously cute! I love his smile!
Post a Comment