Grant turned 10 months old yesterday--wow, the double digits! He really sounds close to 1 now! We've had a busy few weeks since the last post. We celebrated little Jack's baptism and cousin Timmy's 1st birthday. Grant had a great time watching Timmy make a mess of his cake, and I'm sure he can't wait to do the same in a few months! We celebrated Valentine's Day together as a family with take-out, watching tv, and playing together. We realize it's hard to find babysitters on this day, so we were content just hanging out together. Doug and I did have a date night the next day though, and got to have a nice dinner out while Susanne and Corey watched Grant.
Another few milestones since the last post: Grant is now fully crawling on his hands and knees. Every once in awhile he will go back to army crawling, but then I think he realizes it's easier the other way, and he gets back up on his hands and knees. Also, Grant can now pull himself up to standing. He did it first while playing in the Pack 'n Play, and I was able to capture the 2nd time on video. He did it again later that day in his crib. He gets so happy when he gets up, and it's so neat to realize that he is seeing the world in a whole new way. He now tries to pull up on everything, and I know he will soon be scaling the furniture while holding on--this just means we are getting closer to him walking! Grant is also learning his first sign--I have been teaching him how to sign "more" while eating, playing, etc. for a few months now. I would say the word, make the sign, then hold his hands to make the sign. Well, just this week, when I say "more" he will put his hands together. It's not exactly right yet, but just the fact that he relates the word to putting his hands together is a good step. Now he just needs to realize to do it on his own when he wants more of something! Finally, Grant has graduated to the big bathtub. Since he is more mobile now and sitting up fine on his own, we took him out of his inflatable ducky tub, and tried him in the big tub. He did great, and he loves being able to move and splash. He sometimes tries to stand up and crawl around in there, but if we distract him with the toys, he stays sitting. He is such a big boy now!
We are so happy it's March and spring is on it's way. While we've enjoyed the winter and days of staying in with our pajamas on all day, (which is why you see Grant in his pjs in almost every picture) we are excited to be able to do more things outside of the house. We had a few nice days recently, and it felt so great to get outside and take a walk. It got us very excited for all the fun activities we can do with Grant this spring/summer that he was too little to do last year, like go to park, the zoo, Reds games, etc. It will be so much fun experiencing these things through the eyes of a curious, energetic, mobile little boy!
1 comment:
Great pictures. I love him
Grandpa
Post a Comment