Grant turned 14 months old last week, and he just keeps growing and changing everyday. He is walking all over, saying so many words, and amazing us with how smart he is! We can't believe how much he looks and acts like a little boy now instead of a baby. He loves to read books either by bringing them to us to read to him, or he will sit and look at them himself, pointing at things and turning the pages. He even seems to know if it's upside down or backwards and will turn it the right way! He knows so many words as we say them, and it seems like he says a new word everyday. I've been making a list of all the words he can say, and I can't believe how many there are! His latest are clock, duck, bye-bye, baby, light, banana (nana), and book. He tries to say people's names, and gets close to saying Grandma and Grandpa, Clara, Timmy, Jack, and we even practice names we are considering for the baby to see if he says them! He is still so happy and has so much fun everyday.
We just spent the weekend down at Lake Cumberland--our first trip there all year! We went with my mom's side of the family. The weekend was full of food, swimming, fireworks, coming in 2nd place in the golf cart parade, and fun with family. It's easier to travel this year than it was with a tiny baby last year, and it's neat to see Grant be able to walk around and join in on all the fun with everyone. Just a few more weeks until Myrtle Beach with Doug's family!
I am now 24 weeks along in the pregnancy. The weeks are flying by! I feel like I was just 20 weeks and finding out it's a boy, and it's already been a month. Things are going great, and aside from the horrible heartburn, I am feeling great. I really popped out this last week or so. Doug can now feel the little guy move, and I am starting to be able to look down and see my belly move if he is moving around a lot. I was at the doctor last week for a normal checkup, and all went well. I go back in 2 weeks for the dreaded glucose test. Hopefully I pass it like I did with Grant! After that, it is practically the 3rd trimester already! As far as a name, we are getting closer. We think we have it narrowed down to 2, and go back and forth everyday. So we may not have a final decision until he is born! We will see, and if we do make a final decision, we will be sure to let you know!
1 comment:
Sorry to have missed you guys when we were in town, but hopefully we'll see you guys before too long. Glad things seem to be going well with pregnancy! Thinking of you guys.
Post a Comment