It definitely seems to be getting harder to find time to post these days, and I'm sure it will just get worse when the baby arrives! But I will try my best. This summer has been so busy, and I can't believe how fast it is going. The extreme heat of course is not fun, especially being pregnant, so we are trying to find things to do inside--such as the Children's Museum and the Aquarium. I feel like it has been so long since we have been on a walk or just played outside, but when it isn't so hot, Grant loves his swing and swimming. He also loves sitting on the front porch watching cars go by or when it's raining. Even since the last post, he is talking so much more, and he pretty much tries to say everything. He is becoming more articulate, and it's so cute to be able to communicate with him this way.
I am now 26 weeks pregnant--almost to the 3rd trimester! Things are still going great. I had my glucose test today, so hopefully I pass that. The baby is very active, and everytime the doctor tries to find the heartbeat with the doppler, he starts moving and kicking--which we can hear first instead of the heartbeat. The doctor said that must mean he will be a troublemaker. Uh oh!
Last week, Doug and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. We had a great dinner out at Scotti's Italian restaurant downtown, and it was delicious. We spent some time just talking about where our lives have taken us, and how grateful and thankful we are for all that we have. We are so blessed!
We are leaving on Friday for our annual Myrtle Beach trip with Doug's family, and we are excited to actually go there to escape this horrible heat wave here! Even though it's hot there too, at least we have the ocean breeze and a pool right outside the door. Last year while there, Grant still wasn't quite on a schedule yet, and was not fully sleeping through the night, so this year will be so much easier. Grant will turn 15 months old on this trip. Craziness! We are looking forward to spending so much time together. More updates and pics when we return!

No comments:
Post a Comment