Wednesday, December 30, 2009

18th Week Doctor Visit

We went to the doctor today for our 18th week visit. (I will be 18 weeks tomorrow, but they are closed for the holiday!) We got to hear the amazing little heartbeat again, and everything sounded great. When the doppler device was put on my stomach, we started hearing the heartbeat immediately, but then it went away. The baby must have been trying to hide from us or something, because it took us a little while to find it again! The doctor felt for my belly growth and said it is right where it should be or maybe a little farther. That is good news, because I was worried it wasn't growing enough since I'm not showing much yet!

The bad news is that we have to wait a little longer to find out the sex. We thought we would go back at 20 weeks for the ultrasound, but the doctor wants to do it closer to 22 weeks so that they can see all they want to see. We scheduled it for Monday, January 25. I will be about 21 1/2 weeks along at that point. It will be hard to wait longer than we thought, but it will be worth the wait!

1 comment:

Matt said...

That stinks that you have to wait longer...we are ready to know if we will have a niece or a nephew!