





Here is what has happened so far:
We found out we were pregnant on September 23, 2009. I was 4 weeks pregnant at the time. I took a test in the morning after Doug had already left for work. So I had to carry the news with me at work all day! I put a note out with the test so that he would see it as soon as he walked in the door that day after work. He was so surprised! We were so excited, especially since it was such a long road to get here.
We had our first doctor's appointment on October 2. We then went back on October 16 for our first ultrasound. I was 7 weeks along. We also got to hear the hearbeat and see the little heart flutter on the screen. It was amazing!
Due to the H1N1 scare, I had to take 4 1/2 days off from work in late October as our school battled high absences due to the flu/high fevers/etc. We felt it was safest to stay away for awhile. I was able to get the seasonal flu vaccine, as well as the H1N1 vaccine by early November.
We went to the doctor again on November 13 and got to hear the heartbeat again, this time through the doppler device. It sounded so strong and healthy! I was in my 12th week at this point.
I sent Doug out for my first craving at 13 weeks on November 24--Taco Bell! There were some days where just nothing sounded good to eat. During this time, I was also waking up a lot in the middle of the night feeling sick or hungry, but luckily I never threw up. I had some days of queasiness and extreme fatigue, but it is all worth it!
We had our 14th week doctor visit on December 4. We heard the heartbeat again using the doppler. Everything still looked great!
I am now 17 weeks. We are just starting to feel some changes and growth to the belly, but not much can really be seen yet. My pants are getting tight, and I have found that it is just easier and more comfortable to wear maternity jeans. I hope to start showing a little more soon, but I know it generally takes longer to pop out with your first baby. Stay tuned for pictures of the growing belly bump! We will also be finding out if our little one is a boy or a girl in about 3 weeks. We will let you know right away! Thanks for checking out our website, and please check back often, especially as the big day approaches!
We found out we were pregnant on September 23, 2009. I was 4 weeks pregnant at the time. I took a test in the morning after Doug had already left for work. So I had to carry the news with me at work all day! I put a note out with the test so that he would see it as soon as he walked in the door that day after work. He was so surprised! We were so excited, especially since it was such a long road to get here.
We had our first doctor's appointment on October 2. We then went back on October 16 for our first ultrasound. I was 7 weeks along. We also got to hear the hearbeat and see the little heart flutter on the screen. It was amazing!
Due to the H1N1 scare, I had to take 4 1/2 days off from work in late October as our school battled high absences due to the flu/high fevers/etc. We felt it was safest to stay away for awhile. I was able to get the seasonal flu vaccine, as well as the H1N1 vaccine by early November.
We went to the doctor again on November 13 and got to hear the heartbeat again, this time through the doppler device. It sounded so strong and healthy! I was in my 12th week at this point.
I sent Doug out for my first craving at 13 weeks on November 24--Taco Bell! There were some days where just nothing sounded good to eat. During this time, I was also waking up a lot in the middle of the night feeling sick or hungry, but luckily I never threw up. I had some days of queasiness and extreme fatigue, but it is all worth it!
We had our 14th week doctor visit on December 4. We heard the heartbeat again using the doppler. Everything still looked great!
I am now 17 weeks. We are just starting to feel some changes and growth to the belly, but not much can really be seen yet. My pants are getting tight, and I have found that it is just easier and more comfortable to wear maternity jeans. I hope to start showing a little more soon, but I know it generally takes longer to pop out with your first baby. Stay tuned for pictures of the growing belly bump! We will also be finding out if our little one is a boy or a girl in about 3 weeks. We will let you know right away! Thanks for checking out our website, and please check back often, especially as the big day approaches!
3 comments:
Hey Julie and Doug - Great idea! I'll check in often to watch the progress. But I don't want to know if it's a boy or girl, I want to be surprised. Oh well, not important. I guess I'll just have to be surprised a little early. Take care!
Great Aunt Debbie
Congrats, you two! I'm so happy you started this blog so we can follow along during this exciting time. I can't wait to hear about the gender!
You look great Julie! So happy we can follow the baby's progress. Happy New Year to you,Doug and sweet baby Docter!
Lots of Love,
Aunt Elayne, Uncle Randy and family
Post a Comment