Friday, February 12, 2010

24 Weeks

Well, we've had another busy week. We've been out of the house all week staying with my parents while our floors are being refinished. The old carpet has been pulled up in the living room, dining room, and hallway, and the hardwood floors underneath were sanded down and stained. They had to come back 3 days in a row for another coat of polyurethane each day, so we couldn't walk on it, and they just finished the last coat this morning. We will be free to go back to the house tomorrow since it will all be dry by then. I did check with the doctor to make sure I can go back this soon as well--we were worried about the fumes, but he assured us it will be fine. So we will spend the rest of the weekend moving our stuff back in its place. Next, the flooring company will return in the next few weeks to take the carpet out of the bedrooms and install new carpet. Then we will finally be ready to get the nursery set up!

That brings us to the next step in the process. We went to Babies R Us tonight to order our furniture that we had picked out weeks ago. We didn't want to order it too soon before the flooring was finished since it will only be 7-14 days for it to come in. So now it will be perfect timing for us to pick it up as the carpet is being finished! I have attached a picture of the furniture below. It of course looks way better in person--the picture doesn't do it justice, and the picture shows a different bedding with it. We also bought a very comfortable glider/ottoman that we were able to bring right home from the store with us tonight since they had a few already in stock, so I'm sure I will start using that immediately as soon as we can put it together. It is so comfortable! We got the mattress and changing pad as well. Luckily, we had plenty of coupons, and the salespeople helped us figure out how to use them in the right transactions to get the most money off of everything. We ended up spending less than we thought!

We also went to the doctor today for our 24-week visit. It was just a typical visit this time with a belly check and a chance to hear the heartbeat again. Once again, everything was great! We just can't get enough of hearing that amazing little heartbeat! My weight gain and blood pressure are normal. My belly growth was at 24 cm, and it is supposed to grow about a cm for every week, so we are right on target since I am 24 weeks. We will go again in 4 weeks, and this is the visit where I have to do the glucose test, so I better watch my diet. In the meantime, we are enjoying feeling our son move around so much--he has developed quite a routine. He is most active at night as I am trying to fall asleep, or in the morning before I get out of bed. I'm sure he is just preparing us for when he is really here!


















1 comment:

Kate said...

I really like the furniture! Can't wait to see it in his room--and the new floors! Let me know how the glider turns out, we still have to pick one of those out!