Well, I'm sure most of you have heard by now, but we are at the hospital. I woke up at 2:30 am this morning with some cramping and slight leaking. I went to the restroom and went back to bed. I kept noticing the contractions like I had been having, but noticed that there was pain with them now. I didn't wake up Doug, but just waited to see what would happen. Then came the gush. My water broke and it was everywhere! Needless to say, I woke Doug up and he jumped out of bed quicker than I have ever seen. We called our doctor and she told us to head on up to Good Sam Hospital. Good thing I had the bags packed! We were a little in shock the whole way and I kept thinking I was dreaming. They checked us in at triage and hooked me up to all the monitors. They confirmed that it indeed was my water breaking, and I continued to leak there some more. I was then transferred to a room around 7am.
They want to try and hold off on me giving birth as long as possible since it is still a little early. It would probably be okay if he came today, since everything in his body is developed except his lungs. He may have a little trouble breathing or he could be fine. We'll just have to wait and see. They told us to expect for him to stay in the NICU for at least a little while, but they said there is always the chance he will be fine and get to come home with us.
They are giving me a shot of some kind of medicine that acts as a uterine relaxer. It has worked really well so far, and I don't have any pain or contractions while it's working. It wears off after about 4-6 hours, then I get a new one. They are saying that we will just continue with this process until the labor becomes so active that the medicine won't help anymore. We have no idea how long this will be! That is the hardest part about all this--not knowing if I will give birth in the next day or if it could be a week. The doctor is still betting more on the sooner than later side, but we will just have to wait and see. The good news is that Grant seems quite content. We hear his heartbeat constantly, and it is perfectly fine. He just wanted to tease us a little bit!
We are now just trying to pass the time here in the room. Luckily we have a laptop, some games, and TV to keep us busy. One of us will try to update you as fast as we can, but we can't promise anything. Thank you for all the prayers and support!
1 comment:
Any news?
Post a Comment