Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

Well, technically it is the morning after Easter, but this weekend was so busy, that we didn't have one free moment to get on the computer! I am now 31 1/2 weeks. Grant is about 16 inches long and about 3 1/2 pounds. I've been feeling more stretching and growing this last week, so he must be having a growth spurt. He is still moving like crazy, and we often see him poking out or making my belly move in waves. It is so fun to watch and feel, and I know that I will really miss that feeling when he comes out.

I had my first shower on Saturday. Grant's Aunt Susanne and Aunt Tammy, along with help from his Grandma Gates and many other relatives, threw me quite the party. They did so much to make it special for us. Both sides of my family, Doug's family, and some friends were there--all to spoil our little guy! It is so nice to have all the support we do from so many people close to us. I really hope Grant enjoys being part of such a big, fun family! We got so much stuff, that we still have piles of gifts in the living room waiting to be put away and organized. Luckily, I am off work all this week for spring break, so I will really have fun going through it all. Doug will also have lots of fun putting many of the gifts together. Thank you so much to everyone!

The nursery is really coming together now. We finished hanging everything on the walls, started organizing the toys and books on the shelves, and we have washed a few loads of the clothes that we have so far. We sorted them by size and put the ones we will be using right away in the draws and closet. I love going in there and just looking at the cute outfits all hanging there. Doug's favorite outfit so far, besides all the Notre Dame apparel obviously, is a tiny Michael Jordan jersey/onesie that we found, since he is Doug's favorite athlete. Grant is going to be one well-dressed little boy.

We had a great Easter celebrating with our families, and we can't wait to have the Easter Bunny visit our house next year with a little basket for Grant. We also envisioned him taking part in the Easter egg hunt with all the other little ones. We can't wait!

We will hopefully have more pictures to post next time of the nursery/shower/my belly/etc. Just under 2 months to go!

No comments: