Tuesday, August 30, 2011

32 Weeks/16 Months








I am now 32 weeks! If we can just keep our little guy in there for 5 more weeks, I would be considered full term, and that would be great. I go to the doctor weekly now since my visit to Good Sam. I went last Tuesday and today, and luckily, I am still not dilated at all. My contractions are still present daily. Sometimes they are few and far between, other times they are pretty frequent, but fortunately they haven't gotten frequent enough to warrant another call to the doctor. I am following the doctor's orders as best as I can, and he said today to keep doing what I am doing, because things seem fine so far. I am relaxing as much as I can and staying hydrated. I am lucky to have so many loved ones help with Grant if I feel that I need to relax, and Doug has been wonderful as well. Grant is so good anyway and plays so nicely, that I can still take it easy at some points during the day even if he isn't napping. The little guy is still as active as ever. It's crazy to see the ways he makes my belly move! I'm glad that he doesn't seem at all disturbed by the contractions, and hearing his heartbeat every week is amazing. I have started to pack some hospital bags and started to get things out of storage that we will need right away, such as the car seat, newborn size diapers, etc. I just want to be prepared for anything. While we can't wait to meet him, we want him to stay in there as long as possible!

Grant is now 16 months old. He is looking older everyday, especially after his recent haircut. He is also still talking up a storm. We are amazed everyday by the words he says. He says so many more 2 syllable words now, as well as a few phrases. He even says, "Bless you" after hearing a sneeze without even being prompted! He seems to remember things just after hearing them a few times. We have a Baby Einstein First Words book, and we can point to so many of the pictures and he can say what they are. He even remembers the random ones like hot dog and acorn! He is so sweet, and loves to just hang out and play with Mommy and Daddy. He also loves all the playdates we have with his cousins/friends and all the fun places we go. We are trying to soak up all the time we can with just him before our little guy arrives. While it will be a big change for him, we know that he will love his brother and be glad to have another little playmate. We can't wait to see the relationship that develops between them! He is also so excited that he now has 2 more cousins on the way. Both Doug's sister Kristen and her husband Andy, as well as my sister-in-law Tammy and brother Matt are expecting baby number 2! They are both due in March, so our baby boy will have 2 cousins in the same grade as him. We can't wait to watch our families grow!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't know Tammy is pregnant! Your kids are going to be so close to all their cousins. We miss you guys and we're happy you're doing well. I hope your new little guy keeps cooperating!