Friday, September 16, 2011

34 Weeks, 3 Days


Well--we made it to 34 weeks and 3 days--the same day my water broke with Grant at 3 am. He was then born at 34 weeks and 6 days (which will be Monday for this pregnancy). Last night while getting ready for bed, Doug and I realized we were at that same point now, and we reminisced about that night back in April 2010--how we had a busy Saturday, a relaxing evening together, and how I went to bed early because I was tired--only to be woken up at 2am with some painful contractions, and then my water breaking a little bit later. While thinking about it last night, we first of all couldn't believe that we were now at that point already in this pregnancy. Where did the time go? This pregnancy went by so much faster! I guess having our focus on Grant and being busier just made it fly by. Second of all, we were hoping we weren't going to be woken up in the middle of the night with it happening again! Third of all, we are so happy that we at least made it to this point. We hope to keep this little guy in for at least a few more weeks, but at least making it this far is a blessing, considering what happened over 4 weeks ago with the contractions and the trip to the hospital.

Things haven't changed much since the last post, luckily. In fact, I have only had a few days where the contractions even get close to 6 an hour, and I am able to slow them down. We are glad to be more aware of things and that I have the time to do what I need to do if they flare up--which I couldn't do last time while teaching. I am still going to the doctor weekly-on Tuesdays-and I'm still not dilated. So, for now, and at the sake of hopefully not jinxing anything, it looks like we will keep him in there longer than Grant! We keep joking that here we are just waiting for something to happen, and he will end up coming out late this time! Who knows, but either way, we are ready if need be, but glad to be able to handle things and take it easy when needed. Our goal is Oct. 4--when I will be 37 weeks and considered full term. Anytime after that will be great. We will keep you updated! In the meantime, we are enjoying our last few days/weeks of being a family of 3.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so happy you've made it this far and I just hope you and Doug have the delivery you deserve--easy-peasy and no surprises! Miss you guys.

Cole said...

glad your doing well Julie! We are thinking of you guys.