Tuesday, October 25, 2011

40 Weeks!

Well, here it is--the last picture of my pregnant belly! It is my due date--a day I never thought would come! We are happy our little guy did so well and made it this far. It has been a great pregnancy--aside from the few scares and contractions--and I will miss being pregnant, but we are so excited to finally meet our new son. Which, by the way, will be soon!




I went to the doctor this morning for my weekly checkup, and since it's my due date, it is procedure to do an ultrasound and non stress test to check things out to see if it's okay for me to continue on overdue. They checked my amniotic fluid levels, which turned out to be a little low. Everything else looked great, and the baby is happy and content, so no worries there. The ultrasound tech actually noted that he has hair! We kind of expected that after all the hair that Grant had at birth. We got to see his little face too. Anyway, due to the low levels, the doctor recommended that I be induced. If we would wait, and the fluid levels continued to drop, it could be a danger to the baby, so this is what's best. Our doctor called the hospital to schedule my induction for sometime today or tomorrow, and they told him to have me come in tonight at 1 a.m! What a crazy time! They will get me started on medicine, etc. to start labor, so if all goes well, our little buddy will be here sometime tomorrow--hopefully earlier rather than later! Grant was also born on a Wednesday, so that must be our lucky day. Then if all goes well, we will come home Friday, which is Grant's 18 month/half birthday!



We are excited, nervous, anxious, and happy. We are trying to enjoy our last day as a family of three and savor these moments with Grant. We will drop him off to go to sleep at my parents' house tonight, then try to get a little sleep ourselves before having to leave a little after midnight for the hospital--although I'm guessing it will be hard to sleep! We will update Facebook or send emails as soon as possible, and I will update the blog with pictures and details when I get the chance. Please pray for a safe, healthy delivery and baby boy! Thanks!

2 comments:

Deb Gates said...

Julie & Doug,
I'm so excited for you and will say extra prayers for an easy labor and delivery, but most importantly, a healthy little boy. I'll be anxious to hear what his name is and if he looks like adorable Grant. ♥ Deb

Cole said...

All the best guys! saying prayers for a smooth delivery!