So this week, Julie and I went to a child care and safety class at Good Sam. Among other things, we learned about swaddling the baby, car seats, and of course, changing diapers. Now, I have had an infant goddaughter for almost a year now, and through use of trickery and cunning, I have managed to escape changing only one diaper the entire time. Needless to say, it is time to really learn. So, that's what I did. We got to practice a number of times on a remarkably creepy looking doll, and I must say, I am now a diaper changing rock star. I also learned to swaddle the baby, and some other interesting and useful tidbits. It's less than 12 weeks until Grant gets here, so it's good that I am finally learning to do this stuff.
Also, Julie went to the doctor again on Friday for her normal checkup, and everything was great there as usual. In addition, she had her glucose test on Friday. We haven't heard back yet, but we are confident everything will turn out alright. From now on, Julie will have to go to the doctor every two weeks until 36 weeks, and then she will have to go every week from there on out. This is normal procedure, and they just like to see you more often as the baby gets closer.
We can't wait!

1 comment:
I sure hope little Grant is much,much cutie than that doll they you changed in practice.
Can't wait!!
Grandpa Gates
Post a Comment