Well, I had to go back to work after a week off for spring break, and realized even more how uncomfortable it is to teach while late in a pregnancy. I find myself sitting at my desk a lot more. It was so hot this week that I had hand and foot swelling, and I really noticed that I am starting to waddle. Everyone keeps telling me I am carrying low, and I feel slight pressure down lower as well when I walk. Grant is head down and must be taking advantage of all the space down there due to my big hips. But even after all this, I still love being pregnant and walking around with my big belly!
We had a meeting this week at St. Antoninus that is required before you can have your baby baptized there. We weren't planning on doing this so soon, but the deacon just happened to have a night open this week where he was already having a meeting we could join. So we decided it might be easier to get it out of the way before all the craziness starts. Luckily, it was short and painless, and we met another mother there that I know from crossing paths growing up that will have her baby baptized possibly on the same day as us. We are considering doing the baptism somewhat quickly after Grant is born--possibly on Father's Day--due to a crazy summer and many family trips planned. But we will see when he decides to be born if that is possible.
We also went out and got a new video camera. Doug wanted to use his birthday money for this so we had something convenient to use for all those moments we hope to capture! We got a Kodak pocket HD video camera that is just about the size of a regular digital camera--similar to those new flip cameras. It starts up quickly and videos are easily downloaded and stored on a computer or put to DVD. We already have a larger, older video camera, but this one will be easier to travel with or just grab at a moment's notice when Grant does something cute! Doug has had fun playing with his new toy, and he may post a video of the nursery or something soon to test it out. We can't wait to document all the wonderful memories for Grant!
1 comment:
Can't wait!!
Grandpa
Post a Comment