We're getting closer and closer to that full term mark--just 5 more days! We thought something was happening yesterday, though, and got a little anxious about it, but things have slowed down. On Tuesday night I started having some light shooting pains in my lower abdomen that would then shoot to my lower back. It never got too painful but was just there. They then went away. I ended up sleeping okay that night, but then noticed the pains a little more again Wednesday morning. I then had a few stronger contractions that had some pain with them--unlike the normal Braxton Hicks I normally have that are painless. But they were sporadic and had no real pattern to them. I was scheduled for my weekly appointment yesterday afternoon anyway, so I just waited things out to see what would happen. The pains ended up going away again. At my appointment, the doctor said I am still not dilated, but am now 50% effaced (that means the cervix is halfway there in terms of it thinning out). We were glad the pains don't seem to be anything related to labor quite yet--they could be a very slow start, or it could just be how he is positioned and moving, since his quarters are getting pretty tight in there! I had the pains again last night, but nothing major today. The doctor said it could be soon, or it could still be a few weeks away--no way to tell as long as I'm not dilated. And that is fine with us. We want a full term birth. We don't want the NICU team to have to be present at the birth--which they will be if he is born before 37 weeks. So, we are so close and hopefully he can hold on! I still think it'll be funny if I end up going to my due date or even later after all this worrying, but that would be okay---as long as he doesn't come out 10+ pounds!
On a side note, please say some prayers for my mom. Early this morning, she woke up not feeling well and got up to use the restroom. She ended up passing out and falling, which has resulted in 3 broken bones in her ankle/leg. When she got to the ER, they had to put her out to fix the dislocation of the ankle. She was then admitted to the hospital and will have surgery tomorrow to help repair the breaks/get screws put in. She is in a lot of pain, and knows it may be a long recovery. It is her right leg too, so no driving for her! This will be a good chance for her to relax and let all of us take care of her for a change, since she is always so busy and always taking care of us! She said this will be a good excuse to just hold the baby all day since she can't do anything else! I will keep you updated on her situation and mine as well.
1 comment:
Julie, I'm glad everything is going well for you and the baby! So sorry to hear about your mom. I will definetely keep her in my prayers, along with you and the baby too.
Post a Comment